November 1, 2008

Distracted??? Never....

I am easily distracted.

This can sometimes be good, and sometimes be bad.
Many times I allow myself to be distracted, and other times I am completely unaware. For example, I could currently be working on a paper that's due on Monday. But there a times when I just feel the need to blog. I am in the right mood. So I am taking advantage of my opportunity to be distracted.

The past few days have been very homesick ones. Even though I am returning home soon, (in approximately 20 days, 5 hours, and 23 minutes) I am wondering whether I can make it that much longer. Three months away from home is difficult sometimes.
I have realized how much I miss random adventures with close friends.



I have realized how much I miss crazy times with my siblings.


But since arriving at college, I have met some truly amazing people. I have made many acquaintances and several close friends. They are good at distracting me from my loneliness. (and also my homework, but we don't need to address that right now) Especially that handful of girls on my floor - you know who you are. :) I am so grateful for the kindness and love you guys have shown me, and for the memories I know we will continue to make.
So while I may be counting down the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until I arrive back home, I'm sure that every one of those seconds will be spent to the fullest. Because Jesus has blessed me with many distractions. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Keveramma said...

Alexa, you are amazing and I love and respect you soooooo much!! I can't wait till I get to give you a gianormous hug! I glad you feel blessed because you are! That's God's heart towards you as it is towards me! I know His heart is blessing towards me because I watch you and cry out THANK YOU to my Abba Father!

November 2, 2008 at 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am honored to be your distraction, Alexa. At least, from the loneliness =)

(maybe I should work on the homework side of distracting you)
~kaitlyn

November 2, 2008 at 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no problem distracting you from homework in fact it is what i do best!! lol Just kidding. You are one of the greatest friends i have here and i love you very much and i cant wait to make more memories with you dear one. :) So not only should you feel blessed know that you are blessing to me. Sometimes i just need to see a happy face and there you are. Love you Alexa. <3

November 3, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

Thank you dad. :)

Kaitlyn and Michelle - I love you both to pieces. just so you know. :D

November 4, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home