September 17, 2008

The Life of a College Student - Morning Walks

For probably the first time in the past three weeks I actually went to sleep before midnight last night. I decided that instead of sleeping until I barely had enough time to get ready for my chemistry class, I would actually get up extra early to enjoy the morning.
I actually love morning time. If I would ever get to bed at a decent hour I would be a morning person. So I woke up before the sun - at 5:40am to be exact, and walked out of my dorm room and out into the world. First stop: Starbucks.

Since I knew I would be walking up extremely steep hills and my pulse would be increased almost to the point of hypertension, I decided to get a drink without caffeine. Enter Meagan's brilliant revelation: spiced caramel apple cider!! Yumm. The Starbucks which is just down the street has a patio outside with a fireplace, so I sat in the crisp morning air while watching the sunrise. It doesn't get much better.
At this point it was only seven o'clock, so I decided to walk down to the docks. It's not a long walk, but definitely a very tilted one. Once I emerged onto the hill there was a beautiful view of Lake Washington and the city of Seattle.







As I finally came down off the very vertically-inclined street, I arrived at the dock. Beatiful view. It's hard to see since the sun was behind me, but the sun was reflecting off the buildings in the distance causing them to look a lot more "white" than they usually do.




I even had the pleasure of watching a small plane land on the water right in front of me.





After spending a bit of time sitting out on the edge of the dock, I headed back. There is a small "public path" that leads through a mini rain-forest, and the sun was poking through. Lovely picture opportunities. I love early mornings!





1 Comments:

Blogger .:meagan.rae:. said...

WHOO HOO i made it into your blog!!!! ;) mmmm it sounds so good!

and what a pretty walk!!! love it!

and love you!

September 17, 2008 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home