November 5, 2008

country music: the devil is a liar!

There are some types of music that I just don't enjoy. I wouldn't say that I "hate" them. Hate is a strong word. But I have come pretty close to swearing my heart forever against country music and anything that sounds close to it. Something about the twang of the singers' voices added to the lyrics of most of the songs just doesn't agree with my ears.

The conclusion that I came to last night, (besides the discovery that Taylor Swift is in fact, female - unlike my previous thought) is that I really can enjoy any kind of music in the presence of friends. Even the music that I normally "just don't enjoy". I can bear listening to one of my least-favorite songs of all time entitled "Soulja Boy", only because my friend has previously forced my ears to hear it. And it's not that I enjoy the song in itself. The music and the lyrics just are not my favorite. But the fact that it has been listened to with friends makes it a fun song, despite its terrible grammatical errors and language. So thank you Caitlin.

And just a holler out to my two girlies last night: thank you for teaching me well that Taylor Swift is a female - that drip coffee tastes like heaven when it's free - and that no matter who is president, Jesus is still on the throne. Maybe one day I'll be able to praise Him while enjoying country music. Who knows....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it. not sure how you thought Taylor swift is a boy...

November 6, 2008 at 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

obviously I haven't read your blog recently because i just read your post mentioning Soulja boy. I'll have you know I was jamming out to that song in the car today and thought of you. I know deep down it holds a special place in your heart :) <3

December 9, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home