November 10, 2007

You are my sunshine...

"Here. Hold the marble up to the light and look through it", said the boy. I took it from his hand and obeyed. The designs of the glass were radiant as the light came through. "Ooh", I said, "Very nice." The six-year-old looked at me and stated as a matter-of-fact, "It looks like God."
I am constantly amazed by the innocence and simplicity of a young child's mind. Without the stress of the world, they can live a fairly simple life. Nothing fills me with joy quite like a child does. When a two-year-old girl tells me I'm "a nice girl" and then gives me a hug, my heart overflows with gratitude. Giggling and wrestling with three little kids makes me happier than Starbucks, live music, and Josh Groban put together. =) Winning a hug from a shy and reserved toddler gives me a bigger sense of accomplishment than any skill I acquire. My heart fills with joy as I sing "You are My Sunshine" with a little girl.
Now I understand why Jesus said we must become like little children. What would life be like without joy? Few people know how to find it in the midst of trouble. If you're ever feeling stressed, become like a child. Laugh when you fall down, and smile at the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home