July 31, 2007

Shine

I live a very blessed life.
Those who know me understand what a wonderful family I have, and I hope that my friends all know how amazing they are. But just recently, someone very close to me pointed out the fact that my life is not perfect. It only seems that the faults tend to hide themselves from my view, and the views of those around me.
For a long time, I have been very thankful for my blessings. Many times I have been overwhelmed by how amazing my life is, and by how much worse it could be. However, I never took the time to point out the blemishes of life, and try to wash them out. My question is, should one simply be happy with the good things in life? Are we to be optimistic in all things we approach? Or should we purposely seek out the things that are misshapen in our lives, and attempt to right them? For certain, if one dwells too much on all things ugly, they will become ugly themselves. How though, shall we ever reach improvements in our thinking and in our living, if we don't first seek what needs to be fixed?
What is my solution you ask? Ah! Good question. Thank you for asking. I propose that we never lose sight of the great things in life. Don't ever forget the kindness that one person showed to you. Never lose the memory of a lesson learned from a beloved teacher. Be thankful for all things good, and as you think about the good things, aspire that they should become great. As you think on the great things, imagine how they might become superb. And if by chance, you fall to thinking about a bad thing, look to the stars. Notice how the darkness makes them shine even brighter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Alexa! You are truly a shining star in a very dark world. Your blogs consistantly brighten my day. It seems I always read them at just the right time. Thankyou. Continue aspiring to be everything God has purposed you to be! I love you! -Sarah Hartman

August 3, 2007 at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home