July 11, 2008

So lately I've been having difficulty making decisions about college and pretty much the rest of my life. One major hurdle that I have yet to jump is the issue of finances. Is it just me or is college totally overpriced these days? I have an urge to create a petition and send it to the president with thousands of signatures. It would tell of the need for a decent education at a price that's not astronomical. However, money is money and a petition can't change inflation and all the other economic problems. So I'll just sit here and complain. Anyone care to join?
But in all seriousness, I hope I'm not the only college student who's genuinely concerned about this issue. Less than a century ago only the wealthy, strapping males were able to continue their education. Now the majority of young people go through some kind of classes after high school. But how deceived are we that it's just another step in life? We all think that getting a student loan is the quick and only solution. But why start out your adult life with tens-of-thousands of dollars in debt? That's just stupid. So if anyone has any insight, please. Enlighten me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly the reason that I'm not going to Utah. I can't afford $23,000 in debt for EACH year I'm in college, that's nearly $90,000 just for my undergraduate before i even get to med school. I cannot afford that under any circumstances so I chose a differenct college with a more reasonable financial package.

July 24, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home