June 16, 2007

Power in a white tent

Mosquitoes, crazy games, amazing worship, a big white tent, and changed lives; this is camp.

It has been the highlight of my summer for the past eight years, and yet I am always suprised. I am always blown away by how incredible God is. I am always touched by a refreshing wave of his love. Even though I have known it for years, I am again dumbfounded as to why my God would love me.

Can I tell you about it?
My God has forgiven me for all of my mistakes. He died for my sins, and loves me despite my faults. He gives me the boldness of a lion when I have no courage. He makes my heart overflow with love when I have no more room. When people may fail, he is there. When no one else would understand, he is there to listen. When I am broken, he is my healer. When I am lonely, he is my best friend. When I am empty, he is my portion. He is all I ever need. He is the reason I breathe - the reason I live. He is my lover, my friend, my savior, my joy.

When I came home from camp, my grandpa jokingly asked me if I had found a boyfriend. No, I didn't, but I did fall in love.

"Oh God, you are my God.
Earnestly I seek you.
My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods.
With singing lips my mouth will praise you."
-Psalm 63

Thank you Lord for your unfailing love. Thank you that your Spirit is everywhere. Thank you that I can be anywhere and be touched by your presence. Thank you for coming and speaking to me in a large white tent in the middle of nowhere.
I have true love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are proud of you granddaughter. What a pacesetter for your family. As an old preacher once said "keep on keeping on". Stay close to the Lord and we will continue to pray for you for today and for the tomorrows. P. and N.

June 18, 2007 at 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alexa, thanks for the great report. You had great expectations for camp, and God was faithful! Even in just 3 days!

I'm so fired up to see how you are growing in your walk with the Lord God. I couldn't be more proud of you, yet so aware of my shortcommings as a father. I want to give you so much, but know that I fail on so many levels. I fail to be all I'm called to be , and then communicate the way you should go by my example. You understand that your dad is imperfect , but your abba Father is perfect. I have fallen short in love, but where I have failed, He meets you still! He has taught me grace and mercy!

I have thought about this a lot lately. I need to always be growing, giving, and not expecting anything back. My worth comes from loving, and eating from the vine. If I stay in it, I will never be ashamed! It's not so much the doing, but the being that's important. I know you understand that we don't have to perform to be accepted, we can just be. The father died for us because were precious to Him, before we accepted Him!

Alexa, You are a sweet and special lady! You bless me, and everybody in my house. I so want to remember you as that little girl that used to sit on my lap and hug and kiss me. Unfortunately, and fotunately, things change between a daughter and her father. My heart breaks, yet is full of joy to see the change in you! Embrace it and remember, you were called to step out and take risks! The Spirit of God will make you mighty through prayer and obedience. Your humility is a great power. Never underestimate the power of a broken and contrite heart that is full of The Word and faith! I love you sweet daughter! I can't wait to see what happens through you next!

Daddy

June 18, 2007 at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home