June 7, 2007

Insight

Well, it's a new season. Summer is here. This past school year flew by so fast. And it was amazing.

Never in my past school experience have I learned so much. Sure I learned alot from the class material that my teachers taught, but half of what I learned wasn't in the curriculum. I learned so much that I could never tell you all of it.

By observing those I respect, I gained much wisdom. I learned that even the most amazing people make mistakes. I realized how many amazing people are in my life.

By observing those that I don't respect, I gained more patience. I was able to extend my love to those I didn't really want to love. I realized that it's okay if some people think I'm stupid; they don't really know me. I learned that popularity has always been a matter of opinion.

I learned so many lessons in each and every class. Many times I gained more insight from a conversation during lunch than I did during a lecture.

I realized that a simple smile can mean a thousand words;
that your eyes can give away all you are trying to hide;
that some people have far more wisdom than they let on;
that some people are less wise than they would hope;
that good music can make a bad day better;
that sarcasm is far too overused;
that good teachers challenge you to step out of your comfort zone;
that some people that teach me things are not real teachers at all;
that attitude is infectious;
that a very limited amount of people are honest about their feelings;
that life goes on despite various hardships.

I have become a different person. Those around me have influenced me in amazing ways. In short, I love school with a passion.
As much as I love summer break, this summer could be quite dull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home